- Traditional Contrabass reeds (blue box) are available in strengths 2, 3 & 4
- The most widely played reeds in the professional world, with a superiority proven over many years, these reeds suit all styles of music.
The principal acoustic qualities are:
- Excellent response in all registers, even allowing a pianissimo with the highest notes.
- Flexibility with legato or staccato and with large interval leaps.
- A richness of sound which gives body and brilliance to sound.
- Thickness at the tip: .09 mm (0.0035 inch)
- Thickness at the heel: 2.8 mm